Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Reflection on Sylvia Allan's Visit

I loved listening to Sylvia. She is incredibly knowledgeable and a wonderful speaker. She thoroughly convinced me to use morning meetings in my classroom. I loved her stories of how close her classes became. They were all friends and weren't afraid to talk to one another. I think having a sense of community within your classroom is one of the most important things a teacher can accomplish. Morning meetings give students an opportunity to gain confidence and express themselves. It creates a safe environment in which the students can feel empowered and at ease. I loved hearing all of the positive effects that morning meetings brought to Sylvia's class. It made me realize that morning meetings should be an invaluable part of any classroom.

1 comment:

  1. So many good things with so little investment of time. It's a win, win!

    ReplyDelete